Wednesday, April 22, 2009

MY BABY IS STARTING TO DRIVE :(

My baby girl (I know she doesn't look 15 1/2 because she was all dolled up for formal!) is in drivers ed! I can't believe it's that time already - I can remember when she was just a baby! Usually dad takes her driving, but I got brave and took her last Sunday. We started off in her sisters car because it is an automatic. She did really well, except when she was turning corners.

Told my parents that last night and my dad just about fell out of his chair. Told Nicole the next time we go to Joplin he will show her the curve where I nearly gave my driver's ed teacher a heart attack (funny I don't remember that).
After we took her sister's car back, we took my car to our neighborhood and let her try it out there - considering it is a standard, she did pretty good, only killed it twice. I was really surprised that I wasn't more nervous. But just remind me about that when she has the car on her own! Heaven help me if she is anything like I was at 16 - having mom out looking for me because I was past curfew, or worse yet having the highway patrol stopping me right in front of my house (that is where he finally caught up with me!).

1 comment:

  1. She should know how to drive a stick - that always impresses the boys.

    ReplyDelete